Dutch Auction Factory is a Joomla! extension that allows to create and maintain an auction based website where the prices are lowered over time (decrements) until a bidder is accepting the offer.
A real time graphical tracker informs users about the state of the price, showing them the amount of time left until the next price decrement.
Having a fully customizable template system, webmasters even without any PHP knowledge can easily modify the look of any page in our extension. There is no need for the webmaster to change the extension's code, and this will ensure a 100% upward compatibility with our future releases. Just back up the template folder and all of your customizations will be safe. The Auctions Factory Package includes ALL PHP sources (nothing encrypted) and one set of generic templates (commented in the files - for a better understanding) along with a full documentation of the template system (available under documentation in our website).
When setting an auction a user has the ability to set a starting price and a minimum one, and also the amount of the decrement and it's occurrence.
With a fully customizable mailing system you can ensure that users are notified regarding their activities. You can enable or disable any notification and change its contents.
Using the ACL (access control list) feature you can restrict some usergroups or specific users the right to post auctions or to place bets. For instance, this way you will be able to create admin-only auction websites or charge users for specific group memberships.
For payments towards the site (on listing items, featured items, etc.) there are already some Payment gateways available out of the box such as Paypal, but using the published API under our Documentation section, any payment gateway can then be further added.
There are a lot of features in this package:
- 100% template system; any page can be fully customized
- Several Image Galleries you can choose from
- Endless Category System
- Sellers can set up starting Price, minimum price
- Multiple currencies with daily exchange rate update
- Sellers can set the amount of the decrement and it's occurrence
- On each item, there can be set also the Quantity
- Shipping prices can be set up according to shipping zones
- Additional shipping info can be added
- Custom Fields can be used to describe an Auction
- Custom Fields can be added to enhance User Profiles
- Tags can be used in order to search the auctions much more easy
- Users can have their own Watchlist (auctions that they just follow)
- Auctions can be Featured (gold, silver, bronze)
- Offending Auctions can be Reported to the Administrator
- CSV import auctions for Bulk Auction creation
- You can blacklist certain users from bidding to your auctions or just one specific auction
- Separate listings for: My Auctions, My Watchlist, My Won Bids
- Several Payment Gateways supported for payments towards the site: Paypal, Moneybookers/Skrill, 2Checkout, Sagepay, SagePayments, Authorize.Net, Bank-transfers
- API available for integration of 3rd party payment gateways for payments towards the site
- Payments between users using a PayPal address field provided by the component
Payment Items (revenue generating features)
- Payment items: Pay per listing, Pay per bid, Pay per contact, Pay for featured auctions
- Commissions (seller and/or buyer can be charged)
- Different category pricing for certain payment items
- Preferential pricing for powersellers and verified usersPay per listing
- fully SEF. All URLs are SEF - this way auction titles, tags, usernames get a better ranking in the search engines
- Dynamic titles. All Auction detail pages have a dedicated unique title. Improves relevance a lot.
- Metatags and Meta Keywords for every auction page. Using tags and description the Auction details pages have dedicated Meta information
- Categories are displayed in a directory-like manner. Categories have description and SEF ulrs. This way relevance of category search is improved.
- Tag Cloud module
User Profile features
- Extended User Profile - Contact details and Paypal email
- Custom profiles fields - you can add your needed fields to the system
- User Rating - General Rating, Rating as a seller, Rating as a buyer
- Power seller Profile with preferred pricing
- Verified user settings
- Community Builder Integration (if installed. not required)
- Auction Management - can change, block, delete auctions
- Messaging System with the auctioneers - Admin can send messages to Sellers
- Import, Export, Backup, Restore Auctions
- Category Management - Endless Category levels
- Payments Management - Enable/Disable Payment items, Manually add payments, Manually approve pending payments
- User Management
- Reported Auction management - review and block offending Auctions